“Healthy” Food at the Grocery Store (Video)
Sara goes through the local grocery store to analyze some of the foods that are labeled and generally thought to be healthy but may not be as healthy as you think they are.
Things to think about when shopping for healthy food:
- What is the importance of organic?
- How many ingredients does the product have?
- How much processing has to food gone through?
- Does the food contain ingredients you’re unfamiliar with?
- Are some ingredients vague (i.e. “sauce” and “natural flavors”)?
- Does it have an expiration date?
- Does it contain added salt, sugar or oil?