This macro bowl is great for those who have leftover vegetables in the fridge. It is not necessary to stay with the ingredients that are used in the recipe; in fact, I encourage you to switch your ingredients to what you enjoy best, what you would like to try or even whatever you have lying around! This is a recipe that pleads for you to be creative, so go for it.
Vegan and free of added sugar and oil.
Reasons to love this recipe: gets rid of old produce, Asian-inspired, vegetable-heavy, probiotics
Knock-off Dragon Sauce:
- 1/2 cup raw sauerkraut
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup dates, pitted (and pre-soaked)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp nut/seed butter
- 1 large carrot, spiralized or julienned or shredded
- 1 medium-large zucchini, spiralized or julienned or shredded
- 1 beetroot, spiralized or julienned or shredded
- 1/4 cup raw sauerkraut
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded or finely sliced
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded or finely sliced
Knock-off Dragon Sauce
In blender, blend all ingredients into a smooth sauce. Store in refrigerator in a glass jar; keeps about 1 week.
In a large bowl or platter, arrange the ingredients so they are in piles by themselves. Drizzle with desired amount of Knock-off Dragon Sauce. Enjoy immediately.