The Gluten Free Vegan Pancake Recipe
My gluten free and vegan pancake recipe has been my favorite recipe recently! I love how it’s easy to prepare and I don’t need a banana either. Easy gluten free pancake recipes aren’t always easy to come by, so I can’t wait for you to enjoy this whenever you it’s pancake time. For me that ranges anywhere from Tuesday night to Sunday afternoon.
Vegan, low fat. No refined sugar, no gluten, no soy, no nuts, no peanut. Salt free and oil free optional.
Serves 2-3 people. Easy to scale up for more people.
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 c corn flour
- 2/3 c raw buckwheat groats
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup (400 ml) water
- 2 T Tahini
- 1 T vinegar
- Oil (for cooking, optional)
- Combine the oats, corn flour, buckwheat groats, chia and baking powder in a high-powered blender.
- Pulse until the mixture is a fine consistency.
- Empty the dry mixture into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Add water, tahini and vinegar to the blender. Blend for 30 seconds, until combined.
- Add the liquid mixture to the flour and whisk thoroughly. Mix until there are no lumps left.
- Preheat your (nonstick) pan covered to medium high heat for 10 minutes. , I heat to 6-7 out of 9 on my stovetop.
- If your pan isn’t nonstick, add around 1 teaspoon of oil, or enough to streak around the bottom of most of the pan. Nobody wants a pancake scramble.
- Test out one pancake with 1/4th to 1/3 cup of batter. While the first side cooks for 1-3 minutes, cover with a lid 3/4ths of the way. This keeps the heat in but allows moisture to escape.
- Flip the pancake when the underside has turned golden brown, the bottom half of the batter has changed color slightly and firmed up. It’s OK if the batter on the top is still a little runny.
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes until firm. Adjust heat if needed and cook the rest of the pancakes.
- Enjoy! My favorite toppings are maple syrup or dates blended in water.
If you make this super simple gluten free vegan pancake recipe, please comment below. I’d love to hear your success if they turned out amazing. And if not, let’s problem-solve to figure out why it didn’t work for you.
P.S. Are you interested in posting a guest blog or guest recipe? I accept guest posts from writers and recipe creators passionate about plant-based health and vegan food.
Interested in more breakfast recipes? I got you. ⬇️
- Chocolate Sourdough Pancakes. Chocolate Sourdough Pancakes are a healthy and filling way to start your morning if you are craving comfort food. Earthy carob, tangy sourdough and nutty whole grain flavors.
- Whole Wheat Multigrain Sourdough Pancakes. The variety of flavors and textures from the multitude of grains will cure anybody of their breakfast boredom.
- Quick Breakfast Risotto. Whenever you are in need of a cheap, easy and flavorful vegan breakfast. Perfect if you have leftover rice.
- Happy Tummy Whole Wheat Cinnamon Rolls. They’re packed with plant-based goodness of flax milk, sweet date paste, moist bananas and spicy cinnamon.