It’s fall but the remnants of summer still linger in some places. At the very least, it still lingers in our minds when we ponder the upcoming snow, ice and freezing temperatures. Hold onto the memories of fresh summer produce with this simple and fresh recipe for vegan Mexican salad.
Oh, and don’t worry, it’s not spicy. 😅
Living in Mexico, the food can get really spicy. That means no jalapeños, chili or hot sauce. If you enjoy spice, half of a seeded and minced jalapeño would be a welcome and delicious addition!
If you’re not a raw vegan, add a smoky warmth by grilling the corn before removing from the cob. You’ll get a more authentic Mexican experience this way. That’s how the Mexicans cook their elote.
How to serve this Corn, Zucchini & Tomato Vegan Mexican Salad
As a previous raw vegan, I know raw vegan recipes aren’t comforting in winter. But this isn’t just for enjoying cold and by itself. But to be fair, it’s how I usually enjoyed it as a young and broke raw vegan!
The salad recipe can also be used as a crostini topping with your favorite hummus recipe. Another idea is to add your favorite leafy green to make a traditional vegan Mexican corn salad.
Vegan Mexican Salad Recipe
Reminisce about the passing of summer with this easy vegetarian Mexican salad recipe. I make this Mexican corn salad healthy by adding no oil and no mayo. Rather, I allow the natural juices of the produce dress this fresh salad.
Vegan, raw, low fat. Free of added salt, sugar, oil, gluten, soy, nuts and seeds.
This recipe yields around 6 cups. Estimated preparation time is 10 minutes.
- 2 medium zucchinis (2 to 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 cobs corn, shaved (2 cups)
- 3 large tomatoes, diced (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced (choose your favorite color)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- Begin by preparing your ingredients. Grate the zucchini, cut the corn kernels off the cob, dice the tomatoes and onion of your choice.
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl and toss the ingredients together. Finish with black pepper to taste. Enjoy your vegan Mexican salad immediately or refrigerate until it’s ready to be served.
Interested in more simple recipes? I recommend the following:
- No Knead Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
- Vegan Portuguese Caldo Verde Soup
- Healthy Whole Food Flax Seed Pudding