Find the updated version of the recipe with big, beautiful pictures on the new recipe page: Amazingly Easy Raw Vegan Buddha Bowl
This macro bowl is great for those who have leftover vegetables in the fridge. It is not necessary to stay with the ingredients that are used in the recipe; in fact, I encourage you to switch your ingredients to what you enjoy best, what you would like to try or even whatever you have lying around! This is a recipe that pleads for you to be creative, so go for it.
Vegan and free of added sugar and oil.
Reasons to love this recipe: gets rid of old produce, Asian-inspired, vegetable-heavy, probiotics
Knock-off Dragon Sauce:
- 1/2 cup raw sauerkraut
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup dates, pitted (and pre-soaked)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp nut/seed butter
- 1 large carrot, spiralized or julienned or shredded
- 1 medium-large zucchini, spiralized or julienned or shredded
- 1 beetroot, spiralized or julienned or shredded
- 1/4 cup raw sauerkraut
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded or finely sliced
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded or finely sliced
Knock-off Dragon Sauce
In blender, blend all ingredients into a smooth sauce. Store in refrigerator in a glass jar; keeps about 1 week.
In a large bowl or platter, arrange the ingredients so they are in piles by themselves. Drizzle with desired amount of Knock-off Dragon Sauce. Enjoy immediately.